The are many advantages to starting your own home based business. You can become independent or just earn some extra supplemental income. You home busines will create new tax deductions which you can take advantage of thereby reducing your taxable income. Your own business can also create a sense of purpose and accomplishment for having created something of your own.
It really is fairly easy to get started and there are an endless number of resources out there to guide you through the process.
1. Decide what type of business interests you. This is the most difficult part of the process as you do not want to jump into anything too quickly. Consider your interests and what things you are good at. You may decide on a service that you can provide which people will pay for. This might be lawn moving, photography, or house cleaning. Or you might be interested in a retail sales business. The Internet now makes it possible for just about anyone to start an online retail store and the marketplace is global. By using the internet you can compete on a level playing field with huge companies. Are you a collector? Maybe you would enjoy selling certain collectible items.
2. Develop a business plan. This does not have to be complicated. Simply write down your plan for making your business work. Determine what you will sell, how you will market your business, who your potential customers will be, etc.
3. Decide on the name of your business. If you are going to name your business something other than your own legal name then you wil need to file a fictitious busines name statement with the local Recorders Office in your county.
4. Check with your count and state for local requirements for home based business. If you will be selling merchandise then you will need to contact the department of revenue for your state to obtain a Retail Merchant Certificate or Sales Tax ID number. This will allow you to colect sales tax on merchandise sold.
5. Set up a separate bank account for the business. This will help you keep track of business income and expenses.
6. Set Aside an place in your home where you will work on your business. If you want to be successful you must treat your business like a business.
7. Work, Work , Work.
Starting a home business can be an exciting venture. It can also be a lot of work. Don't believe anyone who tells you that it is easy. When you are researching ideas for your home based business you will come across a lot of opportunities for sale. Some of these will contain excellent information while others will be a rip off. Consider these offers carefully and remember, if it sounds to good to be true ? it probabaly is.
To your success!
Copyright © Paul Jesse
All rights reserved
About the Author
Paul Jesse is a retired government employee now living in southern Arizona and the author of several articles on working from home. For articles and resources on starting a home based internet business, visit his site at http://www.sheamarketing.com
Home Business Ideas
Take the kids to school….clean the house…..pick the kids up from school and take them to soccer practice. These are some of the daily chores a Mom and Dad face, so how is she to have time to have a career as well? An hour and a half drive in...
Managing Your Home Based Online Business – 7
Your Home Business Management- Conclusion In the previous articles, I've mentioned some of the key elements of managing your online business when you are working at home: finance, marketing, time, purchasing and computing, plus of course the need...
Home internet based business opportunity
Home internet based business opportunity Internet home based business opportunity can set you free Working towards developing a home internet based business opportunity can be one of the most rewarding things you'll ever do. Either your shorts or...