|Selling-based marketing is built around a selling message,
sometimes called a sales pitch. The sales pitch is often
delivered using methods that reach out to prospective customers,
such as telephone selling, direct mail and door-to-door sales.
Education-Based Marketing is built around an educational
message, which replaces the sales message. The educational
message is commonly delivered to prospective clients through
educational means. These include written materials, media
publicity (articles and interviews), advertising, seminars,
newsletters, audio and video tapes, and Internet web sites.
Frankly, you can educate your prospective clients using any
method through which they can get your information and advice.
Typically, your Education-Based Marketing program works like
this: You create an educational message, which you first put
into the form of a written handout. Then you offer your handout
to prospects who are interested in your services. Prospects call
your office to get your free written materials. You respond by
sending the materials and inviting prospects to an upcoming
seminar. In addition, you keep prospects educated through your
You put your message in front of your prospects through paid
advertising, articles in newspapers and magazines, and
interviews on radio and TV. In addition, you communicate with
people on your mailing list and invite them to attend your
seminar and bring their friends and associates.
Selling-Based Marketing Creates These Problems:
1. Prospects go out of their way to avoid you because they are
tired of selling and sales pressure. They don't like to be
approached by salespeople who have something to sell.
2. Prospects don't think they can trust you because all of us
have been burned by salespeople who gave us "inaccurate" and
even false information in their eagerness to earn a commission.
3. Prospects are defensive and protective because they expect
you to try to pressure them into buying something they don't
want or need.
Education-Based Marketing Provides These Solutions:
1. You give prospective clients what they want, information and
advice -- and you remove what they don't want, a sales pitch.
2. You maintain your dignity because you never make any effort
3. You establish yourself as an authority because prospective
clients see you as a reliable source of information.
4. You don't seek out prospects; instead, they call you.
5. You reach prospects during the first stage of the
decision-making process, often before they call your
6. You identify even marginal prospects who suffer from
phone-call fear, but who aren't afraid to call for your free
7. You prove that calling your office is nothing to be afraid
of. In fact, it's a positive experience.
8. You save money because you don't need expensive brochures.
9. You receive calls from qualified prospects who are genuinely
interested in your services and you screen out people who are
not your prospects.
10. You establish your credibility and make a positive first
impression by offering helpful information rather than a sales
11. You save time by answering common questions in your
materials and seminars, rather than answering the same questions
over and over.
12. You begin to earn your prospect's loyalty because you've
made an effort to help him, even if he doesn't become your
13. You know precisely how well your marketing works because you
can count the number of prospects who respond -- and the number
who go on to become clients.
14. You gain a competitive advantage simply by using this method
because few, if any, of your competitors currently use it.
15. You benefit from the synergy of several educational methods
that reinforce each other.
16. You earn a true profit, rather than just creating more work
and more overhead.
Now you understand why the American Marketing Association
featured this innovative method on the front page of its
national publication, MARKETING NEWS. Now I invite you to profit
from this unique method.
About the author:
TREY RYDER LLC, Education-Based Marketing for Lawyers Lawyer
Marketing Advisor http://www.TreyRyder.com Trey Ryder is the
Lawyer Marketing Department Sponsor At
Education loans can augment the boundaries of what you can achieve
Education never ends – it is not said without reason. We are educated all our lives and getting an education not only is a great achievement but something that gives you the tools to find your own way in the world. Education is indispensable;...
Every parent wants their child to develop positive character traits. One way to supplement your child's character education is to act as a filter for the movies and television shows your child watches, and to review the books your child reads. ...
Finding the top trading education can be a challenge.
So you want to learn how to trade? Whether you're interested in
the stock market, forex market, or futures market, gaining some
knowledge of trading is crucial for your success. The only way
to trade the markets is to learn what you're doing...