Despite serious reductions in funding for arts programs in public schools, there is a great need for studying music. Band, orchestra, and choir all offer students a chance to work together in a social and intellectual group setting and excel at complex tasks.
The trick for parents is to enroll their children in high quality programs and assist them in purchasing high quality instruments. There are indeed many benefits to be realized from a musical education and a quick reference guide is listed below.
Playing a Musical Instrument Can
- Help your child develop a commitment to excellence
- Help your child develop self-esteem
- Provide an opportunity for your child to experience self-expression, creativity, and heightened achievement
- Engage the imagination
- Contribute to a balanced, positive, challenging, and stimulating education
- Prepare your child for other stages of development and participation in society by fostering dedication and sensitivity
- Increase your child’s brain development, math abilities, and higher thinking skills
- Help your child develop perseverance when things are looking bleak and hopeless
- Raise your child’s awareness
- Expand your child’s knowledge
- Help your child develop mind and body coordination
- Contribute to your child’s spiritual growth
- Help your child develop teamwork skills
- Be a source of great fun!
Tony Bancroft, Music Teacher and Author of “Growing Your Musician: A Practical Guide for Band and Orchestra Parents” assists parents in developing their musical children. He is an alumni of Yale University and UCLA. He can be reached at www.growingyourmusician.com
Boost Your Education And Life With An Online Degree
Obtaining an online bachelors degree can be a swift and easy way to further your career,prospects and life in general. But before you enroll, there are a few important points you need to know get your head around.
Number one, you'll want to...
Using, choosing and using an educational consultant
Using, Choosing and Using an educational consultant Introduction The aim of this document is to provide advice and guidance in choosing a consultant in the field of education. You may be the headteacher or principal of a school or college, an...
The Importance of Education: Learn Something New, Stretch Your Brain
When I was a new graduate from college, with a firm hand on a diploma stating I had a Masters degree in Finance, I was convinced I was now ready to conquer the world. Surely I would have my choice of positions, and could pave my way to wealth,...