Online dating has
started as a last resort of the social misfit, to one of the
most active methods to meet people. For those people out there
who have busy lives or may be dealing with a lot of shyness
issues, you should take a look at online resources as an
excellent tool to expand your dating circle.
You need to determine your current dating goal before you go any
further. What is it that you want from your online interaction
with the other sex?
- Friendship? Someone to talk to?
- A short-term or long-term relationship?
- Casual dating with many boy/girlfriends? - Marriage?
After determining your current goals, you must take action
accordingly. Your first action should be writing a personal ad
to make your profile shine:
- Be creative and different to spark the interest of the other
- Never look like you need to be approved in your ad or in your
- Start with an appealing romantic imagery and mix in some
- Write your ad poetically and non-specifically. Listing out
your hobbies or writing must haves is kind of suicidal in this
huge sea of fishes and will only make you lose in the online dating game.
Unfortunately the game does not end here. Uploading photos of
yourself is essential for a successful profile:
- Your portrait photo(first photo) is the first to be seen in
your profile and is the most important, so choose it wisely.
- Do not upload pictures in which you think you look the most
good looking but you look the happiest. The warmth of a smile
can melt the ice of others hearts.
- Try to find pictures where you participated in interesting
activities such as surfing, dancing, playing an instrument...
Now you are ready for starting enjoying the advantages of online
dating but the game is still not over yet. The last and the most
important action is sending emails that can make effect:
- Always include one personal item that tells the potential
date that you've read her/his profile. Do not just drool on the
- Be funny, creative, different, challenging her/his
sensibilities and approachable.
- Remember some profiles are getting hundreds of emails
everyday, so this is the area you must sparkle. So always send
custom-written letters. Never try the copy-paste approach.
- If he/she replies to you, you've already started progress, do
not wait too long to take the relationship to the next level to
offline dating or somebody else will.
You must keep in mind that dating is not an easy game and needs
hard work, even years of loving relationships need it. Online dating is no
different and needs determination and commitment.
So the point is: Online dating will work for you, if you
make it work for you. Good things do not come to those who wait,
but to those who go and get them.
About the author:
Cenk Butunley is the founder of MyBestDate, an Online Dating company
serving internationally. He has specialized in software
engineering since 1998, including three years as a Senior
Developer for Bromcom Computers Plc., a software publishing
Personals - The Benefits Of Online Dating
Benefits of Online Dating Services
In these past few years the trend in dating from all over the
world has changed drastically. Individuals looking to meet
people don't choose to line up in queues anymore, to try to get
into the hottest...
Dating Advice To Follow When Using Online Dating Sites
Online Dating Advice: The Big problem
When you respond to an ad, posted by a lady, you
have to know that you are not the only one.
It's more likely that your the 35-th person that is
writing to her. I'd like to make a...
Increase Traffic to Your Dating Profile...Now.
Want to increase the number of responses that your dating profile is getting?
There are more than few ways to beef up the attention that your online dating profile is getting. One stands out above the rest. You can easily increase the amount of...